|M. M. GREEN, attorney at law, Oregon; born in Wayne Co., N.Y., Nov. 21, 1837; in 1850, his parents, Samuel and Nancy Green, settled on a farm in Sec. 34, Fitchburg Township; he attended the Oregon village school, and during the war of secession was the agent of noted parties in Madison to furnish horses on Government contract; he read law on the old farm; located in Oregon Village in 1866; was in the clothing business in 1868, and then made an extended trip West, finally settling in Madison with his family, where he resided four years; he studied law in the Wisconsin State University, under H.S. Orton as Dean, and was admitted to the bar of Dane Co. in 1876; his present home in the village was formerly the Parsons Place; here he attends a large legal practice in Dane and adjacent counties and makes collections on a large scale; he had eight cases at the spring session of the Circuit Court in 1879. Mr. Green married Miss H.C. Bennett, daughter of Egbert Bennett, Esq., one of Dane County’s most substantial farmers; they have a son, George E., now a medical student, and a daughter Hattie. Mr. G. was a charter member of Oregon Lodge 151, A., F. & A. M. and was its first representative to the Grand Lodge of the State; has been Master and is Past Master. Politics Republican; was Deputy Sheriff four years and has been Justice of the peace.
Ref. 1880 History of Dane County, Wisconsin, page 1241.