Ole P. Lysager

OLE P. LYSAGER is a member of Rutland’s Norwegian community and owns a fine farm in the township. With his father, Paul Lysager, and his brother, he came to America in 1878.Paul Lysager was born at Vaage, Gudbrasdalen, Norway, and there married Miss Gertie Sveum, a native of the same place. There their six children were born and Mr. Lysager had a small farm. Mrs. Lysager died in 1875 and her husband and two sons, Ole P. and Paul, soon embarked for America. The daughters, Mary, who now lives at Black River Falls; Annie, the wife of S. O Haugen of Dunkirk; and Mary, who is Mrs. S. Sveum of Dunkirk, soon followed them and all located at Pleasant Springs.

Ole P. was born in Vaage, January 25, 1862, attended school in Norway and after assisting his father in making a start in the new home, purchased for himself a farm of eighty acres in the town of Rutland, which is his present home. It is sometimes called the “Old Coburn place,” but under Mr. Lysager’s careful management has been improved very greatly, the building remodeled and new barns, etc., erected. Considerable tobacco is raised and grain, hay, etc.

In October 1888, Mr. Lysager married Miss Annie O. Rustom, also of Norwegian birth. Her parents, Ole and Ingabret Rustom are living in Norway but four of their children came to Wisconsin. John lives with his sister, Annie; Ole lives in Green County; Mary is Mrs. Thomas Klevan of Pleasant Springs. Mr. and Mrs. Lysager have five children, all at home: Nora, Alma, Paul, Henry, and Alvin. They attend the schools of Rutland and Stoughton.

Mr. Lysager is a Republican and interested in school affairs. He has held several local offices and been a member of the school board. He is a member of the Norwegian Lutheran church of Stoughton.

1906 History of Dane County, Wisconsin, p. 579-580.

line
footer