Photo 28

netherwood1898

This photo shows the 1898 construction of the Netherwood building on the south side of the square. Italian workmen came from Chicago to work on the building. Many businesses were located here over the years, including the Oregon Observer, the post office, and the library.  The Village Hall is located to the back (right side) of this building. This originally was the center part of the 1867 school and moved later to this location. It was moved again in 1912.  Oregon Area Historical Society, 2007.20

line
footer