Photo 39

hotel

The first frame hotel was built in 1845 for Egbert Bennett and called the Oregon Exchange. It was located at 112-116 Janesville Street. It also served as the Post Office. This business failed and was purchased by Richard Chandler and became the Chandler House. In 1898, the hotel burned and C.W. Netherwood built the present Netherwood block.

line
footer