Photo 54

operahouse

C.H. Cronk’s built the Opera House as a roller skating rink. It was the center of social activities for many years in the early 1900’s. It was a two-story building. Early high school graduations, plays and other entertainment took place here. Early silent films were shown here. Later sound pictures were shown for $.10 or .25. During the last few years it was used as a roller rink. Colby had his photography studio upstairs. Oregon Area Historical Society 1991.34

line
footer