|WILLIAM H. MYERS, machinist, Oregon; born in Janesville, Wis., Oct. 27, 1845; son of Dr. Edward and Sarah Myers, of Pennsylvania and pioneers of Rock Co.; they settled on Wheeler’s Prairie in 1855, where the Doctor died. William H. learned blacksmithing in Edgerton and studied machinery at Watertown; has also worked in Janesville and Madison, and served six months as blacksmith in the Union army, 1865; began in Oregon in 1869, and worked six years for G.W. Getz; built a brick shop in 1877 (the Fox drug store) and his steam feed-mill in 1878; has added to it, now having a sawmill, and will add a foundry; is manufacturing sleighs, harrows, hayracks, stoneboats, wheelbarrows, and some furniture, also does wood and iron turning by the job or piece, and means business.He married Miss Elizabeth Tillingham, who died Feb. 14, 1878, leaving five children-Sara J. and Mary E. (twins), Emily L., Rosie E. and Henry E.; two sons died before her, C.E. and W.E.; the recent Mrs. Meyers was Miss Olive Possel. Mr. M. is liberal in politics and religion.
Ref. 1880 History of Dane County, Wisconsin, p. 1245.