At the time of Oregon’s incorporation, J.T. Hayes was elected the first constable and marshal, and Norris Getts first justice of the peace. In 1922, a 24-hour service was established in the village with cooperation of the Business Men’s Club. Before this, someone patrolled the village only during the nighttime hours. Police officers shown in this photograph are, left to right: C.E. (Buck) Pledger, Sr., George Johnson and Maurice Phillips.