Identified in the photograph above are plant workers Clarke West, Wayne Thornton and Walt Krumell. In 1906 a petition was received by the Village Board requesting the village be bonded for $8,000 to provide an electric power plant. It took ten years for the Oregon Electric Company to become a reality. The first plant was located in back of the mill near the Cusick and Sweeney office on Market Street. The water supply was needed for the system’s operation. Oil burning engines were used to produce the “juice” necessary. The plant operated until 1920 when connection was made with power provided by the Wisconsin River Dam at Prairie du Sac and owned by Wisconsin Power and Light.