The Netherwood Building at 104 Janesville Street was built by Charles W. Netherwood in 1898 and served as a hall. The first building burned in 1873 and was rebuilt–only to burn again in 1898. After this, the current building was erected and has been home to many businesses over the years. The Post Office was there from 1898 to about 1928. Laughlin’s and then Wischoff’s jewelry store had a store there until 1941. A barber shop has been there, the public library had space there, a Meat Market was there from 1899 to 1921. The second floor was leased to a fraternal organization, called the Modern Woodmen.