WILLIAM COMSTOCK, deceased; was born in 1808, in Rhode Island; he was the second of eight children of Aaron and Patience (Spencer) Comstock, and with whom he removed, when a young man, to Delaware Co., N.Y., and there devoted his time principally to farming till the spring of 1844; emigrating then to Wisconsin, William Comstock and wifehe located in the town of Union, Rock Co., whence, in the following autumn, he removed to Sec. 31, town of Dunn, Dane Co.; he entered 40 acres at the time of his settlement in this town, and gradually added to it as his means would permit, till his estate now numbers 200 acres; he died Feb. 7, 1874.He was married in Otsego Co., N.Y. in 1837, to Fannie, daughter of Luke and Thirza (Shaw) Chapin, a native of that county, born in 1810; their children are Franck C., Melissa A., now Mrs. Orrin Grout; Cooley, who married Damaras Johnson (they have two daughters-Lela and Fannie, and live on the homestead); Edgar, who married Miss Annie Main, and lives at Paoli, Wis.